Diversity is a reason to celebrate, however many individuals can find barriers or discrimination against them due to their identity.
We value all diversity, from cultural diversity to sexuality/gender diversity and diversity in abilities. We believe that with positive empowerment, skills and knowledge young people can live harmoniously together and value each other.
2Connect Youth & Community is dedicated to accessing and supporting young people who are from Multicultural backgrounds, migrant and refugee backgrounds and Aboriginal young people. We run various activities to meet the needs around cultural diversity, including:
- Making sure that Aboriginal and Multicultural young people access all of our services easily and that they are strongly represented across all services and activities
- Facilitating discussion groups specifically for young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds
- Working collaboratively with the two Intensive English Centres in the region to deliver services to newly arrived young people, as well as with cultural specific groups
- Delivering intensive job assistance to Aboriginal, newly arrived and migrant young people
- Running education and support groups for specific cultural groups, such as a Nepalese parenting group, Arabic young people’s groups and Drug Information projects in Nepalese, Chinese and Macedonian.
- Being involved in linking young people from diverse backgrounds to what’s happening in NSW and Australia more broadly through our involvement in Multicultural Youth Affairs Network NSW and Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network Australia e.g. linking young people to youth leadership opportunities in NSW and Australia
Glisten - Same Sex Attracted & Gender Diverse
Glisten is a project for same-sex attracted and gender diverse youth that aims to support young people under 25 through group support, individual support, delivering community education to address homophobia/transphobia and discrimination, and worker training.
Glisten Social Group Event
We hold a regular social group for same-sex attracted and gender diverse young people plus their friends, partners and allies on the first Monday of every month from 4pm-6pm.
Be yourself, connect with others and find support!
To register, contact Caitlin on email@example.com or dial 9521 6531.
Man to Man
Man to Man is a group for young men from multicultural backgrounds, aimed at breaking down barriers and developing a positive partnership between young men (year 9 & 10) and police through an interactive and intensive 5 week program. The workshop includes:
- Leadership Skills
- Life Skills and Training
- Cultural identity
- Motivational Guest Speakers
- Sports Activities
If you are a student or school and you would like to find out more, contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or dial (02) 9556 1769.
Youth Against Violence and Racism
Want to join a local Youth Committee? 2Connect Youth & Community recruits, supports and trains a dedicated and passionate group of Youth Leaders interested in promoting social harmony, putting a stop to racism and racial violence.
We believe in building stronger communities through high quality services, one that empowers people to make positive changes and build a positive future.